- 200g Dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 200g Butter (unsalted)
- 200g Self-raising white flour (we use Allinson)
- ¼tsp Baking powder
- ¼tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 2tsp Cocoa powder sieved
- 150g Unrefined golden caster sugar (we use Billington's)
- 150ml Sour cream
- 3 Egg(s) (free range)
- 2tbsp Icing sugar to decorate (we use Silver Spoon)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan, gas mark 4). Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl. Microwave on medium (500W) for 2 minutes, stir then microwave for a further 2 more minutes until smooth. Alternatively, rest the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water until the ingredients melt.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa powder and golden caster sugar in a large bowl.
- In a jug, lightly mix together the soured cream and eggs. Pour into the dry ingredients with the melted chocolate mixture. Mix together until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared paper cases and bake the muffins for 18 minutes until risen and firm. Cut a heart shape out of a piece of paper, rest paper over a muffin and dust with sieved icing sugar.
97.7843032568 0 100 63682