- 2 teaspoons butter, divided $
- 1 cup vertically sliced yellow onion $
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth $
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Cooking spray
We pair simply seasoned beef tenderloin with a flavorful sauté of fresh green beans, onions, shallots, garlic, and balsamic vinegar. This outstanding meal of Beef Tenderloin Steaks and Balsamic Green Beans comes in under 250 calories per serving.
1. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and shallots; sauté 6 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add broth; cook 4 minutes or until onions are tender and liquid almost evaporates. Add beans and vinegar; cover and cook 4 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon butter and 1/8 teaspoon salt; keep warm.
2. Sprinkle steaks with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with bean mixture.