- 120g dark chocolate
- 120g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
About this recipe: Perfect for chocolate lovers! Great for entertaining, deceptively easy to make. Perfect for people who can’t have gluten. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, or simply dusted with icing sugar. I flour the cake tin using cocoa powder so it won’t leave white marks on the cake and keeps it totally gluten free. You can make an icing for the top or pour over melted chocolate.
- Preheat the oven to 150 C / Gas
- 2. Grease a 20cm round cake tin, and dust with cocoa powder.
- In the top of a double boiler over gently simmering water, melt chocolate and butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs and vanilla. Pour into prepared cake tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let cool in tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Slices can also be reheated for 20 to 30 seconds in the microwave before serving.